ISCC Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Training
Upcoming ISCC Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Training
10 – 11 April 2024
- Early bird: 1.050 € + VAT (until 8 weeks ahead)
- Regular: 1.130 € + VAT
The training courses will be held completely online and in English. They are scheduled for Central European Time and will take place live in the form of an interactive meeting.
The regulatory framework for the application and calculation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is subject to changes. This is due to the recent amendment of the Renewable Energy Directive (RED II) and the Fuel Quality Directive (FQD) as well as to the note of the European Commission on conducting and verifying actual calculations of greenhouse gas (GHG) emission savings. Further amendments of the ISCC requirements on GHG calculations were required due to the re-recognition of ISCC.
This is of high relevance since the individual GHG performance has been established as a competitive factor that influences prices and demand of different biofuels and materials. Thus, individual GHG calculation, verification and certification are very important for many companies. This also applies for other sectors, such as the food and biochemical sector, where companies increasingly exploit their GHG saving potentials along the supply chain from agricultural production to final products.
The 1.5-day ISCC Greenhouse Gas Training covers the methodological requirement for GHG calculations and verifications along the supply chain in detail and provides practical examples of calculations and audits of calculators. A particular focus will be on the new GHG requirements according to the amended RED II and the note from the Commission. In practical case studies the application of the new requirements and options will be shown. ISCC experts will be available throughout the training for individual discussion.
Benefits at a Glance
- Deepen your understanding of GHG requirements and GHG calculation along the supply chain within the ISCC System
- Strenghten your understanding of implications of using actual values or default values
- Become familar with calculation methodology, data requirements and sources from farm level to the final market
- Conduct and discuss own calculations in case studies and group work
- Become familar with GHG calculators and options of use under ISCC
- Learn how to verify different types of GHG calculations
Auditors, representatives from certification bodies, companies, NGOs, research bodies and authorities
- This ISCC training DOES NOT replace the participation in a 3-day ISCC Basic Training for auditors, which is a mandatory requirement prior to conducting ISCC audits.
- The participation in an ISCC GHG Training is mandatory for at least one GHG expert of each certification body that is conducting audits covering the verification of individual GHG calculations.
- ISCC trainings are open for all interested parties
- ISCC trainings are held in English (if not stated otherwise)
- The training documents are provided to all participants in electronic form via download link
- Group work solutions will be provided to all participants after the training
- Participants should use their laptops for the training
- A Proof of Participation can only be issued for participants who attend the entire training to the end and also actively participate in the group work ⇒ a stable and continuous internet connection is on own responsibility
- Auditors who intend to conduct ISCC audits must successfully complete the subsequent online test within eight weeks after the webinar
- October 2023, Online Training
- April 2023, Online Training
- October 2022, Online Training
- April 2022, Online Training
- October 2021, Online Training
- October 2020, Online Training
- May 2020, Online Training
- April 2019, Cologne
- June 2018, Cologne
- November 2017, Cologne
- June 2017, Cologne
- August 2016, Cologne
- May 2016, Cologne
- June 2015, Miami
- June 2015, Cologne
- October 2014, Kuala Lumpur
- May 2014, Cologne
- April 2014, Jakarta
- April 2014, Cologne