10th ISCC Global Sustainability Conference
12 February 2020, Residence Palace, Brussels (Belgium)
The 10th ISCC Global Sustainability Conference offered valuable insights into the Renewable Energy Directive (RED II) and the implementation in the Member States. Representatives from the European Commission and Member States presented policy updates that are highly valuable for professionals working in the renewable energy industry. Furthermore, the European Commission spoke about the EU Circular Economy Action Plan and forward-thinking companies unveiled their best strategies to implement holistic circular and bio-based approaches in the plastics industry. In addition, expert speakers will update you on the latest developments in the transport sector, mapping and traceability tools and food security as part of certification schemes.
The ISCC Global Sustainability Conference is a well-established platform for industry and trade representatives, NGO’s, associations, research bodies and authorities. The conference was a huge success with 250 participants.
The article in the Circular Economy Magazine RE³ gives a great overview of the event.
Click here to read the article.
For more information about the magazine, please follow this link.
- Dr Norbert Schmitz, Managing Director, ISCC System GmbH, Germany
Latest Developments of ISCC
- Bernd Kuepker, Policy Officer, Renewables and CCS Policy, DG Energy, European Commission, Belgium
Developing Regulatory Framework under the RED II – Next Steps
- Chris Clarke, Policy Advisor Low Carbon Fuels, UK Department for Transport, UK
Opportunities and Challenges under the RED II – Policy Update from the UK
- Harri Haavisto, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Finland
Policy Update Finland – Implementation of the RED II
- Dr Peter Hawighorst, Sustainability Consultant, Meo Carbon Solutions GmbH, Germany
New Sustainability Criteria for Solid Biomass
- Emanuelle Maire, HoU Sustainable Production, Products and Consumption, DG Environment, European Commission, Belgium
Implementing the Circular Economy in the European Union
- Inari Tuulikki Seppa, Director Corporate Innovation Organization, Eastman, UK
Innovative Developments for Circular Supply Chains – A Producer’s Perspective
- Roy Vissers, Circular Economy Project Lead, Corporate Sustainability DSM, Netherlands
A Holistic Strategy for Sustainable Solutions in Circular and Bio-based Industries
- Dr Jan Henke, Director, Meo Carbon Solutions, Germany
Update ISCC PLUS: Bio-based and Circular Feedstocks for Different Markets
- Kevin Struve, Executive President, OCI, United States
Biomethanol as a Building Block for the Chemical and Biofuels Industry
- Rafaël Schneider, Coordinator Food Security Standard, Welthungerhilfe, Germany
How Food Security Can Be Integrated in Certification Schemes – The Food Security Standard
- Andrew Stephens, Executive Director, Sustainable Shipping Initiative, UK
Is there a Role for Sustainable Biofuels in the Decarbonisation of Shipping?
- Andreas Feige, Managing Director, ISCC System, Germany
State of the Art Mapping and Traceability Tools