Newly developed system documents or fundamental changes will be published for public consultation
The ISCC System has been developed in a multi-stakeholder process, including international associations, corporations, research institutions and NGOs from around the world to meet high demands regarding social and ecological sustainability as well as to ensure high practicality and cost effectiveness. Hence, the ISCC Association (ISCC e.V.) was established as a legally registered body responsible for governing ISCC, for guiding the fundamental (i.e. strategic) decisions taken by ISCC, and for unifying and representing ISCC’s stakeholders. In addition, the EU system is subject to a revision by the European Commission every five years in which the system as a whole is reviewed and the standards are adapted according to the latest scientific findings, feedback from stakeholders and to incorporate practical experiences and best practices. Please find more information on the ISCC Governance here.
As ISCC is continuously working to improve the ISCC System, feedback from companies using ISCC, certification bodies and other interested third parties is an important source for the ongoing development and therefore highly welcome.
Document(s) in the Public Consultation:
ISCC PLUS System Document
Feedback Period: 29.12.20 – 26.02.21
Public Consultation – Procedure
- ISCC publishes fundamentally changed or new documents for public consultation below. Please note that all published documents are draft documents. In addition, finalised versions of the documents might be subject to further adjustments.
- ISCC invites all interested parties to send their feedback regarding the documents. ISCC will announce documents that are in the public consultation via ISCC’s communication channels in order to ensure adequate balance of various stakeholder groups.
- The first round of public consultation will last 60 calendar days from the date of publishing. Please use the contact form below to submit your feedback. All fields marked with an asterix (*) are mandatory.
- Where substantive, unresolved issues persist after the first consultation round, or where insufficient feedback was received (for example, inadequate representation of stakeholder groups relevant for the topic), ISCC will carry out additional rounds of consultation that last 30 calendar days. In case of necessity of another round, ISCC will make the synopsis of the previous round publicly available to comment on it.
- ISCC will publish the feedback during the public consultation phase in the table below for reasons of transparency.
- After the final round of public consultation, ISCC will analyse and consider the feedback received before publishing the final version of the document. All feedback is handled impartially. In case of adjustments or changes to the relevant content of ISCC EU in the version recognised by the European Commission, ISCC will notify the European Commission. Only after approval by the European Commission such adjustments or changes can be implemented. If fundamental changes of the existing system are requested (especially in the ISCC PLUS system) ISCC will notify the Board of the ISCC Association. Only after approval by the ISCC Board such adjustments or changes can be implemented.
- ISCC will announce the date from which on the document will be valid and allow an appropriate transitional period for all stakeholders to adapt to the adjustments or changes.
Submit your feedback
Please find feedback from ISCC stakeholders regarding documents published for public consultation below. ISCC reads all comments thoroughly and considers the feedback for the further development of ISCC documents.
|Draft Document||Version||Date||Feedback from Public Consultation||Name, Company|