ISCC Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Training
Upcoming meetings: Dates will be published shortly.
Please register to our Newsletter to stay updated.
The regulatory framework for the application and calculation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is subject to changes. This is due to the recent amendment of the Renewable Energy Directive (RED) and the Fuel Quality Directive (FQD) as well as to the note of the European Commission on conducting and verifying actual calculations of greenhouse gas (GHG) emission savings. Further amendments of the ISCC requirements on GHG calculations were required due to the re-recognition of ISCC.
This is of high relevance since the individual GHG performance has been established as competitive factor that influences prices and demand of different biofuels and materials. Thus, individual GHG calculation, verification and certification is very important for many companies. This also applies for other sectors, such as the food and biochemical sector, where companies increasingly exploit their GHG saving potentials along the supply chain from agricultural production to final products.
The 1.5-day new ISCC Greenhouse Gas Training covers in detail the methodological requirement for GHG calculations and verifications along the supply chain and provides practical examples of calculations and audits of calculators. A particular focus will be on the new GHG requirements according to the amended RED and the note from the Commission. In practical case studies the application of the new requirements and options will be shown. ISCC experts will be available throughout the training for individual discussion.
Benefits at a glance
- Deepen your understanding of GHG requirements and GHG calculation along the supply chain within the ISCC System
- Strenghten your understanding of implications of using actual values or default values
- Become familar with calculation methodology, data requirements and sources from farm level to the final market
- Conduct and discuss own calculations in case studies and group work
- Become familar with GHG calculators and options of use under ISCC
- Learn how to verify different types of GHG calculations
Auditors, representatives from certification bodies, companies, NGOs, research bodies and authorities
This ISCC training DOES NOT replace the participation in a 3-day ISCC EU and PLUS Basic Training for auditors, which is a mandatory requirement prior to conducting ISCC audits
The particiation in an ISCC GHG Training is mandatory for at least one GHG expert of each certification body that is conducting audits covering the verification of individual GHG calculations.
Fees for the ISCC GHG Training
- 560 € + VAT (early booking, at least 14 days ahead)
- 620 + VAT (regular fee)
- ISCC trainings are open for all interested parties
- ISCC trainings are held in English (if not stated otherwise)
- The training documents are provided to all participants at the beginning of the training in electronic form (USB-stick)
- Participants should bring their laptops to the training.
- Please note that an Attestation of Participation can only be issued for participants who attend the entire training to the end and also actively participate in the group work.
- June 2018, Cologne
- November 2017, Cologne
- June 2017, Cologne
- August 2016, Cologne
- May 2016, Cologne
- June 2015, Miami
- June 2015, Cologne
- October 2014, Kuala Lumpur
- May 2014, Cologne
- April 2014, Jakarta
- April 2014, Cologne