ISCC PLUS Training – Bio-based and Circular Economy
24 – 25 September 2019, Cologne, Germany
Venue: Park Inn by Radisson Köln City West, Innere Kanalstraße 15, 50823 Cologne
How to get there: by airplane to Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf or Frankfurt airport. Please note, that the fastest train connection from Frankfurt airport to Cologne central station takes one hour (ICE connection). Find more information on train schedules here on the website of German Railways.
Ocean pollution, plastic pollution, loss of biodiversity and climate change are global problems that receive increasing attention and need to be addressed urgently. Policies such as the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals or the EU’s ‘Strategy for Plastics in a Circular Economy’ show the increasing need for a more responsible handling of materials, products, wastes and residues. Innovative companies react and seek practical solutions that contribute to the development of the bio-based and circular economy.
International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) PLUS supports the circular and bio-based economy by offering a certification that promotes an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable production. The ISCC certification system is used globally for the chemical industry, packaging, industrial applications as well as in the food, feed and bioenergy markets. It provides credible sustainability certification for all types of agricultural and forestry raw materials, waste and residues, non-bio renewables, recycled carbon materials and the respective supply chains and is a leading global certification scheme for the bio-based and circular economy.
The new 1.5-day ISCC PLUS Training covers in detail the certification of diverse supply chains, chain of custody options, mass balance and attribution options in the chemical and downstream industry, logos and claims, as well as the verification and audit processes for a successful certification. The training provides practical examples and case studies to allow an applied learning. ISCC experts will be available throughout the training for individual discussion.
Benefits at a Glance
- Deepen your understanding of the certification with the ISCC PLUS system
- Become familiar with the certification and audit requirements and their respective application along supply chains from farm/ point of origin level to final markets on a global scale
- Learn about chain of custody options, mass balancing, yield calculations and attribution options under ISCC PLUS
- Improve your knowledge about the use of claims and logos for different chain of custody options and for circular and bio-based raw materials and final products
- Conduct and discuss several case studies in group works
- Discover further market opportunities for your company
- Keep pace with your competition by informing yourself about state-of-the-art topics such as circular economy, mass balancing or bioeconomy
- Options for bilateral discussions with ISCC experts
- Companies, especially from the chemical and packaging industry
- Brand owners
- Other interested parties
Fees for the ISCC PLUS Training
- 850 € + VAT (early booking, at least 14 days ahead)
- 945 € + VAT (regular fee)
- ISCC trainings are open for all interested parties.
- ISCC trainings are held in English (if not stated otherwise).
- The training documents are provided to all participants at the beginning of the training in electronic form (USB-stick).
- Group work solutions will be provided to all participants after the training.
- Participants should bring their laptops to the training.
- Please note that an Attestation of Participation can only be issued for participants who attend the entire training to the end and also actively participate in the group work.