22 September 2017
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
We herewith inform you about updates and clarifications of the ISCC System. Please share this information with all relevant members of staff.
1. Application of Disaggregated Default Values for Cultivation
ISCC has been informed about rumours in the market that the application of disaggregated default values for cultivation is no longer possible.
We herewith clarify that these rumours are not true. The application of disaggregated default values for cultivation is possible, and will remain possible.
We would like to take the opportunity to highlight again the options to use GHG emissions values for cultivation (eec):
- Use of disaggregated default values: In this case only the statement “use of disaggregated default value for eec” must be made on the sustainability declaration. No specific value must be provided
- Use of NUTS2 values: They must be stated in kgCO2eq/dry-ton of feedstock on the sustainability declaration. For further information on the application of NUTS2 values please see the ISCC System Update from 30 June 2017
- Actual calculation of eec: They must be stated in kgCO2eq/dry-ton of feedstock on the sustainability declaration
Where applicable the total default value can also be used. In this case the statement “use of total default value” must be made on the sustainability declaration.
Please refer to the ISCC System Document 205 “Greenhouse Gas Emissions” and the ISCC System Updates for further information.
2. ISCC Trainings – Forthcoming Dates
ISCC Greenhouse Gas Training
20 – 21 November 2017, Cologne, Germany
ISCC EU and PLUS Basic Training
14 – 16 November 2017, Shanghai, China
22 – 24 January 2018, Cologne, Germany
07 – 09 March 2018, Bogotá, Colombia
Important note for certification bodies and auditors: The participation in the ISCC EU and PLUS Basic Training is a mandatory requirement for all auditors before they can conduct audits under ISCC.
Auditors who have not yet participated in an ISCC Basic Training after July 2016 are required to re-attend an ISCC Basic Training until the end of January 2018 if they want to conduct ISCC Audits in 2018 and thereafter.
If a certification body is conducting audits and certifications that include the verification of actual greenhouse gas calculations, the certification body must ensure that at least one GHG expert has participated in an ISCC Greenhouse Gas Training.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact ISCC.
Your ISCC Team