Certification Scheme: ISCC PLUS
ISCC PLUS certification is a voluntary scheme that is applicable for the bioeconomy and circular economy for food, feed, chemicals, plastics, packaging, textiles and renewable feedstock derived from a process using renewable energy sources. ISCC PLUS covers the same certification requirements as ISCC EU but can be customised to meet the needs of different markets or specific applications. All kinds of biomass, waste and residues, non-biological renewables and recycled carbon materials can be certified under ISCC PLUS.
In addition to the core requirements of ISCC PLUS, ISCC provides the option to adapt ISCC PLUS certificates to specific market requirements through voluntary add-ons. Depending on the respective add-on, they can be applied for the agricultural production area and for the entire supply chain on a voluntary basis. The modular approach ensures the fulfillment of different market requirements and continuous improvement. All voluntary add-ons can be found on the ISCC website.
Market / Scope of Application
- Circular and bio-based products, renewables, food, feed & biofuels outside the framework of the REDII.
- Voluntary certification for non-regulated markets.
- Recognised under the Japanese Governments biofuels mandate.
- Recognised by SAI, Blue Angel, Textile Exchange, FEFAC, FSS and many more.
Acceptance of other Schemes
- Only ISCC (ISCC certification of the whole upstream supply chain required).*
- Acceptance of further schemes possible upon positive benchmarking.
*Exception applicable for SAI compliant material cultivated in Germany.
- Under ISCC PLUS, all types of agricultural and forestry raw materials, bio wastes and residues, renewable feedstocks and fossil materials contributing to the circular economy and bioeconomy can be certified.
- Non-GMO, GHG emission, consumables, SAI Gold, FSS