ISCC System Documents
On this page you find the ISCC System Documents and further ISCC Guidance Documents defining the general and technical requirements for each system
ISCC EU - Revised System Documents (RED II)
Note: The following documents constitute the system basics of the ISCC EU certification system applicable as of 01 July 2021. These versions of the documents have been submitted to the European Commission in the framework of the recognition process of ISCC EU under the RED II. The recognition of voluntary schemes in the framework of the RED II is pending. Please also note that the documents may be subject to change depending on further legislation and further requirements of the European Commission. At the beginning of each document, you find a comprehensive summary of changes compared to the previous version.
- ISCC EU 102 – Governance (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 103 – Requirements for Certification Bodies and Auditors (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 201 – System Basics (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 202-1 – Agricultural Biomass: ISCC Principle 1 (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 202-2 – Agricultural Biomass: ISCC Principles 2-6 (v.1.1, 01 December 2022)*
- ISCC EU 202-5 – Waste and Residues (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 203 – Traceability and Chain of Custody (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 204 – Risk Management (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
- ISCC EU 205 – Greenhouse Gas Emissions (v4.0, 01 July 2021)
* Until this date the ISCC EU System Document 202 “Sustainability Requirements” (v.3.1) has to be applied for the verification of the ISCC Principles 2-6 for agricultural biomass and residues from agriculture, fisheries and forestry.
Please find below the ISCC PLUS System Document and the documents on the voluntary add-ons.
Please note that the ISCC EU System Documents also serve as system documents for the ISCC PLUS scheme. The few differences and requirements that are specific to ISCC PLUS are described in the ISCC PLUS System Document, which is an additional compulsory source of information to the ISCC EU System Documents for a certification under ISCC PLUS.
In case of any inconsistency between the English version and the Japanese translation of this document, the English language version shall prevail and be deemed binding on parties involved
Add-ons to be applied voluntarily under ISCC:
- Add-on 202-03: SAI Gold
- Add-on 205-01: GHG Emissions (Please see ISCC PLUS System Document)
- Add-on 205-02: Consumables
- Add-on 205-03: Non GMO Food Feed
- Add-on 205-04: Non GMO Technical Markets
- Add-on 205-06 – Electricity and Heat from Biogas Plants
ISCC Japan FIT
ISCC Japan FIT System Document – Palm Kernel Shells and Palm Trunks (v1.1, April 2022)
ISCC Japan FIT: Principles and Criteria – Palm Kernel Shells and Palm Trunks (v.1.1, April 2022)
ISCC Solid Biomass NL
System Document “ISCC Solid Biomass NL”
ISCC Solid Biomass NL is a certification system which can be used by system users to comply with the Dutch legal sustainability requirements for solid biomass for energy applications. The System Document “ISCC Solid Biomass NL” serves as a mandatory source of information for a certification according to ISCC Solid Biomass NL.
ISCC for Non GMO food and feed
Please find below the ISCC for Non-GMO food and feed System Documents.
ISCC Guidance Documents
The following documents shall provide further guidance for the certification of particular materials or processes. The guidance documents supplement the ISCC System Documents. ISCC may adjust these guidance documents, especially to incorporate adjusted regulative requirements.
Content: Provision of guidelines for the certification of biofuel deliveries to Japan
Content: Guidance for the certification of wood-based bioenergy and their supply chains (e.g. supply chains using round wood, bark, wood dust, wood chips, forest residues, black and brown liquor, crude tall oil).
ISCC Guidance Document 201-5: Independent Smallholders
ISCC Guidance Document 201-6: Certification Process for wild collection of Shea
Content: Guidance on the certification of Shea nuts
ISCC Guidance Document 202-9: Guidance for Algae Cultivation
Content: Guidance on the certification of Algae
Content: Guidance on relevant requirements that must be fulfilled for the simultaneous co-processing of sustainable bio and fossil feedstocks to be in compliance with ISCC.
Content: Guidance on special provisions for short rotation coppice (SRC)
Content: Guidance Document for the Audit of Waste and Residues from Palm Oil Mills
Content: Guidance Document for the audit of wastewater from ship transport